senior cuz

I am an unrequited entertainer. Since about eighth grade I've been a singer. I probably would have loved to have starred on Broadway in stage musicals.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Need to think cool !!!!!

I need to think cool. It's 11:00 AM and it's already 105 degrees here in Peoria. The forecast for today is 116 degrees. The heat index right now for 105 is that it feals like 107. When it gets to the 116 mark it will probably feal like a 120 degrees. Our daily prayers here in the Valley of the Sun, include the continued functioning of our air conditioners. I try to imagine what it must have been like before air conditioning. Remember Dial soap? Now I know why it grew into such a giant local industry. In the days before Dial I can understand people wishing everyone would use Dial. I think I'll hide inside today and forget about any need to do any thing except maybe go out and get the mail. Let me tell you that short trip to the mail box is an experience. You take a breath and your lungs cry out what the heck are you doing to us?????? Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Tomas Dennis said…

    The humidity here in Kentucky is like a brick wall. It is very heavy. A body needs to drink a lot of water to work outside in these conditions. Water pours from our bodies in buckets. We do have a pool and that helps us get our sun.

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said…

    Well, cuz, we moved so we wouldn't have to shovel snow. So take your choice, I'd rather have the heat. It's been pretty hot here too. We have our NY grandchildren here for a few weeks. They are great kids and they are loving the pool and the heat. Jane just got back from a year in Taiwan. She seems so grown up for 17 now that she's been on her own for a year. Hope all is well with your family, good to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Alipurr said…

    wow, that's hot! makes me want to go lay down on a big ice cube! ha ha

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Abandoned in Pasadena said…

    It has also been sweltering here with the temps reaching into the l00 degree mark. You have dry heat and we have lots of humidity. I'd rather be in the dry heat.

    I hope your air conditioner holds up...I would hate to see you suffer in a hot house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home