senior cuz

I am an unrequited entertainer. Since about eighth grade I've been a singer. I probably would have loved to have starred on Broadway in stage musicals.

Saturday, September 09, 2006



Cleaning out old pix that I no longer remember or have faded or no one one else would be interested in and I came across this sunset. It was taken from my apartment about 20 years ago when I lived in Pacifica, Ca. if you look closely you can see the Pacifica fishing pier to the left side of the sun's reflection on the ocean. I guess this really wasn't a sunset but a late afternoon shot, probably around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and abouit three hours before the actual sunset. An update as to what we've been doing........... Our super hot weather has finally seemingly gone bye, bye. We even have had some rain here at Sunnyside Dr. Last week we got dumped on with a little over two inches of rain right here at our place. The air is beginning to show sighs that the monsoon is nearing it's end sometime this week. Well folks, Senior Cuz will on 9/11, be celebrating reaching 72. My legs have begun to tell me that I'm no longer 50. Everything else is not too bad. Oh, well....

4 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Tomas Dennis said…

    That is a great photo and I did see he pier. I am 65 and my feet do tell me that I am getting older. The rest of me is just fine. I think you are our oldest family blogger. Happy Birth Day.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Tomas Dennis said…

    Sandy and I have a step-sister named Diane who's Birth Day is also on 9/11.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said…

    Senior Cuz, happy birthday #72 coming up on 9/11, a day we will all remember. I enjoyed your picture of the sun at Pacifica. We don't get too many of those sunsets here like that -- we have some pretty nice ones, but I imagine the ones on the ocean are really gorgeous.

    If you have been reading my blog you will know that I had a total knee replacement on 4/10 (my birthday). I'm doing just great now -- working out at the gym and swimming laps. It's been a slow go but we seem to have turned the corner on rehab.

    Hope everything else is going well for you. Wish you would blog more about your personal experiences and growing up. It's a great way to really get to know each other. We always enjoy hearing from you.

    Happy Birthday, John. Give our love to Ada.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Abandoned in Pasadena said…

    Happy Belated Birthday John. I hope you come over and read our family blogs once in a while.

    Your late afternoon sunset is beautiful. I love sunsets and sunrise too. I think seeing the sunrise is my favorite because then I know that I have made it to another day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home